Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Difference a Day Makes

If you read the last post, you know where my head has been. It's amazing, though, how helpful it is (to me) to simply put my feelings out there. First, in a blog post; later in a private conversation with my incredibly supportive husband. Technically, nothing has changed, and yet everything has changed.

Yesterday, as we spent the entire day together as a family, we were walking through the woods when I became overcome with excitement and joy that my son is going to be a big brother. I started to feel incomplete--as though the state of my family is in flux, and will be until this beautiful baby is born, because s/he belongs to us and is a part of us.

And it made me smile.

1 comment:

sjh said...

Your family will be a perfect square. I like that image.Glad for a day of peace in the heart. God is in control.

This baby will be different from Simon in every way, will not sleep or eat or cry or act the same. But will jump right into your heart in a moment, because you and Brad are so loving and accepting.

We are excited over here. Just remember how much we loved you, even though three other siblings came onto the scene? That's how it will be. There is a lot of room in a mother's heart. Just not always enough minutes in a day!!

Mama