Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Big Brother

(Quick! Before anything changes!)


Dear SIR,

You are an amazing big brother. You care more for your sister than I've ever seen you care for a person--including your best friend, Daddy. Toward her, I see your empathy and concern. I see your unabashed glee when you're responsible for making her happy. Of all our family members, she saves her biggest smiles for you. I love that you "read" to her and sing to her. I love that you enjoy helping me put her to sleep. I love that you willingly fetch diapers and pacifiers and burp cloths for her. I love that you understand some days you get to "go first," and some days she gets to "go first"--usually regarding eating. I love that you'll jump down from the lunch table with a "Mommy, I got it," to give her a paci when she's fussing. I love that you try to engage her with toys--whether she wants them or not. I love that, three months later, you still ask to hold her.

With her, you put your needs last.

Thanks for being so incredibly awesome.
Love,
Mom

First bath together

(SIR was asked to watch her for a minute while Daddy ran downstairs. This is what he found when he returned.)

Sibling love!

3 comments:

sjh said...

Dear SIR,
Your mama was much the same with her baby sister, with a very similar age difference.

Dear MJR,
You are one lucky little sister.

Beautiful roses in this garden, that's for sure.

Auntie G said...

LOL infinity at the picture of MJR surrounded by all the toys. Three IS pretty much the ideal age for being happy about a new sibling, that is true. Love it!

ahope said...

Best post everrr! I'm obsessed.