Friday, February 17, 2012

Mastitis, Round 2

Remember when I used to write posts on this blog to document every move I (and my children) made? You know, before Facebook was cool?

In honor of that distant memory, I give you this documentation of mastitis. You're welcome. I whimpered through one round with SIR, early in the stages of breastfeeding. This lovely round is compliments of the weaning process, which MJ and I started about a month ago. Dude. This sh*t is painful. For the ladies out here who haven't experience the pleasure (and for the one man that reads this--hi, Dad), imagine someone socking you in the boob and leaving a giant, swollen bruise. Now multiply that by ten and add flu-like chills and fever, body aches and pains, headache...and that's mastitis. Oh, and the best remedy, along with antibiotics and "rest" (insert guffaw here) is to nurse that swollen bruise as much as possible, but who wants to do that because Ol' Righty doesn't even want anyone to LOOK in her direction, much less touch her.

Anyway, I had a little help the last two days and am finally starting to feel better. It's a bummer to suffer through all the side effects of the flu without the only GOOD one: weight loss. *wink*

1 comment:

sjh said...

take it easy; that's no sickness to mess with, as you probably know. Mama hugs.