Saturday, August 23, 2008

Just the Two of Us

The phrase, "my family," is about to change.

But before it does, I'm going to take a short trip down memory lane. This post is dedicated to my husband...my family. 
Engaged!: July 2004. It was a miraculous thing that you managed to surprise me with a proposal--considering we had already booked the hall and I already
 had my wedding dress! A perfect proposal and a perfect weekend at Stony Pointe.



Our first trip overseas: Paris: Summer 
2004. I remember the smallest room ever 
created. Getting to the top of the Eiffel Tower at midnight. You scamming a ride off the "cab driver" on the way home. Horrible luck finding good food. Proposing back to you on the bridge. Shoe shopping (still have 'em--though they might not fit). Then, on to London. We were so pleasantly surprised by this city, we stayed an extra day! I remember the largest room ever created...and that awesome towel warmer on the back of the bathroom door. We ate pasties galore, saw some theatre, got stung by a bee, visited Sherlock Holmes, rode the Tube...and the escalators. 

Our Wedding: July 2005. Surrounded by family and friends, in 100 degree heat, it was a day and night to remember. Rabbi T, champagne in the classic car, speaker on fire, folk dancing.


The Honeymoon: St. Lucia (aka The Most Beautiful Island on Earth). Highlights include our private jeep tour with the banana guy, THE MOTHS, champagne on the beach, pool and p-corn and Dirty Bananas (it's a blended beverage).

And then, there were three. In January, 2006, we adopted our little Oliver, deemed by others as our "practice baby." I was so thrilled to watch you become a bit of a dad, for the first time. Now, you are most certainly his best buddy.


Maui: Summer, 2006. Since becoming pregnant, I often marvel at how one's outlook on life (read: safety) changes. I'm not entirely sure I'd be willing to get back in this helicopter with Rent-A-Pilot again. Ironically, you were the nervous one!



Niagara Falls: December, 2006. 
We took this teeny, tiny vacation to spend a little time together (sans dog, thank you Mimi) in the freezing cold. We ended up stumbling upon great vineyards and the adorable town of Niagra-on-the-Lake. 


Australia/New Zealand: Summer, 2007. Koalas, Kangas, and Crocs...oh, my! Among my favorite memories: driving on the other side of the road, chasing down the hubcap, sulfur lingering in the laundry, sushi, snorkeling, shark exhibit, the little penguin wild goose chase, Te Puia, rolling around in the mud, sheep, our own private restaurant in Rotorua. 






Those are the biggies...though we have also traveled to Spring Training, Sedona, San Fran, NYC (times three). I have loved having you to myself for three years, but I'm ready for "our family" to morph into four. Come out, come out, wherever you are, Baby Rose!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are in the most perfect place to be starting a family....so incredibly happy and completely in love! There won't be a thing that baby will do that you won't be able to handle together. Consider yourself a team and you'll be great! -Marah

sjh said...

After I got over being re-jealous that you have travelled more than some of us, I so enjoyed this excursion into yours and Brad's personal memories. I do have something of a concern that you aren't quite sure where that baby is. Perhaps there was something lacking in your pre-natal training manual? Check out Chapter One again, or else...look down. That thing blocking the view of your ankles, well, that's the morph. I echo the "Come out" part.

Anonymous said...

Dagwood, Wilson, McDonald, Elmer, Rasputin, Eugene, Murillo, Roman, Hercules, Buster, Persimon, Charlemagne, Hitler, Ferdinand.
Hopefully not a few of your favorite names. Waiting for the entry of your soon-to-be favorite memory. Deliver well.

Kage said...

Don't forget about the JUST THE TWO OF US part.....

HHRose said...

Anon: LOL on names. Won't you be embarrassed when we pick one you listed! :o)

Anonymous said...

HHRose...Won't YOU be embarrassed when you pick one I listed! JK.