Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Weekend Update: Halloween, Part I


Munchkin was invited to his first Halloween party--and so were his parents!

But you can tell we are still new at our jobs (parenting, that is) because neither one of us left the house with a camera. Doh! But our wonderful party hosts are bloggers, so I'll include the link to photos when they post them.

A quick synopsis:
Halloween is the Gelbers' favorite holiday, and every inch of their home was decked out in Halloween splendor. From cauldrons, to strobe lights, to spider webs and more, it was a spooky place. About two hours into the super fun party, it looked like a toy factory had exploded in their family room...which led me to the conclusion that I'm not ready to be the parent of a toddler. :o) The big kids had a craft (paper plate pumpkins) and played pin the something on the something else (I never got close enough to see what it was), and everyone had a wonderful time!

When we returned home, we enjoyed a nice evening with Mimi and Munchkin's two Aunties. Mimi and Auntie N babysat Munch the night before, too, while Mom and Dad enjoyed an evening of theatre. Thanks!

It was a great weekend!

P.S. Can you tell what Brad is? (His shirt says, "Go Ceilings!")

More photos: http://gallery.me.com/hannahrae#100146

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I...can not figure out Brad's costume, but it looks very clever. I'm sure I will smack my forehead when you tell me. :) Also, I think Huey has the same Halloween bib, if it's from our favorite big box store!

HHRose said...

For those still reading, Brad was a Ceiling Fan. (Insert forehead smack here.)