Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cricket Fest

Nope, not the kind you play with a bat. The kind that appear when one's blog is neglected. Sorry, Internets!

A brief synopsis for those of you NOT friends with me on Facebook:

1. I am music directing and appearing in "Snoopy!!! The Musical" with the href="http://highlandparkplayers.com/">Highland Park Players. Rehearsals start Tuesday. I'm playing Lucy Van Pelt. Awesome.

2. Brad left for Australia yesterday. He will be gone until the 20th. In the meantime, the Munch and I are on our own (with Oliver's "help") until we head to Mimi/Papa's on the 17th. And then...dum dum dum...I'm flying ALONE with my 15 MONTH SON to PHOENIX. Did I mention the flight is 4 hours? Did I mention that he doesn't have his own seat (what was I thinking?!)? More on that in a minute.

3. The tree is up and decorated. So are the boxes.

4. Ah, yes, the boxes. We are waiting, horror of horrors, on the IRS--of all departments. Well, WE aren't waiting, our buyers are. Meanwhile, we have still managed to hold onto the contract for the new house...for now.

5. The Munchkin's 15 month checkup was awesome. He's high on the charts, his walking looks good, his language skills are waaaay above the norm.

6. And a fun little story:
The Munch has a book with text that reads, "Oh no! Lost your mittens...etc." Well, each time we read it, I exclaim the "Oh no" part in a very Julia Child-esque voice. He thinks it's hysterical, so--naturally--I repeat it a hundred times and he laughs with his wonderful full belly chuckle that I love. Last night we were in the car headed back from the airport when I hear, "Oh doh!" from the backseat--about a hundred times. Only 5 minutes from home did I realize he was imitating my Julia Child impression. Ha!

Back to #2 for a second:
If you have any no-fail, must-have toys or activities to suggest for our flight, please do so. Already on the list are my iPhone (equipped with "Sesame Street"), stacking cups, a couple of new board books, baby cell phone, snacks.

3 comments:

sjh said...

I have a friend who made a cereal necklace with her child. It took him about 20 minutes to create it, another 10 to chew every cheerio and trix star off the cord.

I believe he might be able to doodle on a small notebook w/ crayons, with his mother's help.

You could just leave him with me for the week, then you wouldn't have to worry about entertaining him. I'm certain the AZ crowd wouldn't notice his absence!

Boxes are decorated. I'm still laughing.

Jess said...

We over pack (just remember you have to carry everything) but my guys loved the cheap-o version of doodle pro (Target for a buck or so.)

Extra outfits & diapers & two packs of wipes. Barf bag puppet. Seconding the cheerio necklace (but my kids weren't coordinated enough to make it themselves - just eat it.) Favorite blanket, back up blanket. Pacifiers/bottles/sipppy cups. Old board book that's a favorite. Cash to buy drinks for the people sitting around you if necessary.

Good luck!

ahope said...

Something without a ton of little pieces -- or the people around you will be picking them up constantly. And a prayer for an empty seat!

You'll do fine. We'll be waiting in AZ to collect you + stuff when you arrive :)