Wednesday, December 16, 2009

There Are (Almost) No Words

I was supposed to be heading to bed over an hour ago. I was headed there thinking about how lousy my day had been. About how difficult today was without my husband here to help me. About what a chore it is to pack for vacation (and well aware of the irony). About how much "pain" I was in, having ripped a nail well below the quick. About how my bad mommy moments almost got the best of me today.

Then, as I was catching up on some blog-reading, I read an article written about Stephanie "Nie Nie" Nielson. I have read Stephanie's blog sporadically, as directed by Kage, but only began following her days before her nearly fatal plane crash in August 2008.

Thirty minutes of tear-shedding and reading later, attitude adjusted, I am heading to bed. But not before sharing this impossibly brave woman's story. Save it for when you have time to read all ten chapters.

Tomorrow I will start the day uplifted: Reminded that I am blessed to be a mother, with a providing and loving husband, with a supportive network of family and friends, with a stunning son, with my body whole and intact...alive to bask in the glow of the day.


The Article: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/stephanie-nielson-intro-120609.html

Nie's Blog: http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

JesiMari said...

Just read the article, man, I can't even imagine. My dad's a pilot as well, so that's one of my biggest fears. Kudos to her for living with such honesty and integrity.

Kage said...

Ah, I have only read chapter 1. I cannot seem to find time yet to finish...I think because I want it to be uninterrupted and when does THAT ever happen? She continues to be a source of inspiration to me as I deal with my own teensy weensy trials...chin up.