Wednesday, May 19, 2010

HAIR

No kidding, my 20 month old recently got his SEVENTH professional haircut. One, because his hair grows faster than our lawn, and two, because his mom doesn't trust herself with scissors. (I probably need one of my aunts to give me a tutorial one of these days.)

Our current fave place for kids' cuts is the little kiddie salon in our mall, which we can visit after Gymboree. The boy loves it because he can sit in the train seat, eat crackers and watch T.V. (And then he walks around for the rest of the day repeating, "Sit? Choo-Choo? Sit. Choo-choo. Hair? Sit? Choo-choo. Hair. Sit choo-choo. Hairsitchoochoo." Etc.)

Before:
(By the way, this is how he holds ALL objects when he has several to handle. Tucked up under his chin. It's precious.)

After:

(With hair gel. Her idea, not mine.)

6 comments:

sjh said...

I, for one, am happy to receive an email letting me know you've posted. For two, this is the cutest post. And three, nice haircut.
I should follow suit. Hair? Train? Sit? Hannah pay?

HHRose said...

Actually, that was an accident. Sorry to get your hopes up. But glad you like the post!!!

Aunt Martha said...

careful w/ the gel, he'll become like jackson and won't leave the house without it!!!
GAM

Jess said...

That's where we go, too! I'm glad to hear that you go there a bunch. I've been twice with my guy and I was thinking it was time to go again. It just seemed to be so frequent, but I guess it's normal. I'm still not used to having a boy! Girls don't have to have as many haircuts.

HHRose said...

Jess, we'll have to meet at the dreaded treehouse one day! (Or somewhere ELSE in the mall, since that place gives me the willies.)

ahope said...

He looks like he should be on "Saved by the Bell" with the gel. Cutie tho - a Zac or AC Slater for sure!! :)