Monday, May 10, 2010

Life


That's a very adequate title to describe our recent trip to Scottsdale, to visit The Munch's Grandpa and Grammie.

The desert is teeming with life, especially new life, in April. Woodpeckers set up camp inside cacti and birds all around are guarding their eggs or their young. The hummingbirds zip around and around...some seem to have a death wish when they practically dive bomb the people in the face. Rattlesnakes cross the road, providing a new punchline to the old chicken joke. The monkeys in the zoo screech with excitement and who knows what else. Bobcats are "doing it" in the backyard. And we get a visit from a dog who starts to melt the ice surrounding my heart.

All in all, we had a wonderful trip, though I'm sad I won't get to watch those baby woodpeckers learn to fly.

Some photos for your perusal:
http://gallery.me.com/hannahrae#100486

1 comment:

sjh said...

The bathing suit is dynamite.
The pictures make me miss you guys so much...