Wednesday, December 22, 2010

First Snow: December 1



I love when things are tidy and symmetrical, like the first snow arriving on December 1. And arrive it did. We were sacked with no less than five inches in one fell, six hour swoop. Now that we live close to the lake, we get all the snow everyone else gets, plus an extra inch or so, for good measure.

(By the way, as I'm writing this we are in the midst of Storm Two. It looks just as ferocious as the first.)

One thing I love about raising kids (kid) is that their memories take a loooooong time to develop. So as far as The Boy was concerned, this was his first snow! Again! He immediately wanted to get his snow garb on and go play, where we quickly learned the inadequacy of toddler mittens. (I swear that I once saw mittens and gloves for kids that go up to their elbows (you put them on before the coat), but now I can't find them anywhere. Genius idea.) But he LOVED it and frequently yelled, "Mom! I runneen in da SNOW!"

Little Avery (the Havanese pup) loved her first snow, too! But hey! Wanna know what's not so much fun? A long-haired dog after a run in the snow. The poor thing had to be crated until her snowballs melted.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea photo man! Great shots.

ahope said...

That is THE CUTEST hat and mittens I've ever seen! Even if they don't work...