Friday, September 23, 2011

1 Month



My Dear Rosebud -


Know how you can tell you're the second child? This post is being written almost a week late. Sorry 'bout that. (I backdated it.)

You are such a sweet, sweet baby. You tolerate your brother's sometimes slight overaffection, and you love to cuddle with anyone who will hold you--and there have been a lot of people offering to do that.

You are nursing every 2 to 2.5 hours, with an occasional nap stretching you a little further. You are The Spitup Queen. No doubt. We burn through at least five burp cloths per day, and they are scattered around our house in every place imaginable.

You are beginning to organize your night sleep. There is no "usually," yet, but OFTEN you are in bed between 9-10. You wake between 12-2 and between 4-6, and are up for the day around 7. Naps are tricky, partly because you're the younger child and get hauled around a little more, partly because this ain't my first rodeo and I know it'll be a while before you nap well.

I could literally hold you all day long, if I had nothing else to tend to. I feel very emotional about your babyhood, as I've definitely determined that the newborn stage is my favorite favorite favorite time of my children's lives. I'm not sure if it's because you're helpless, because you depend on me for nourishment (and, oh, everything else), because I just like snuggling babies, (because you can't sass me)...All I know is I'm grasping every moment I possibly can, and I WILL be sad each month I post these updates.

Please grow up slowly.
Love,
Mom



More photos here.

2 comments:

sjh said...

Good luck with the 'growing slowly' part. She is so darling and getting so big...cute pics.

Amanda said...

You can backdate? Does this mean my first born won't think that I have ignored posting about her life for the past three months?? Score!

BTW - very sweet post. And Noelle was a super spitter and stayed that way until about 5/6 months...I feel your pain,