Friday, September 18, 2009

VACATION

I think it's utterly ironic that I was doubting my need for a vacation last week. I thought, "Well, how stressful is the life of a stay-at-home-mom, anyway?" As a result, my nemesis, "This Week", taught me a valuable lesson.

I have been to the hospital three times this week. One for the ER trip with The Munch, and two to visit my friend. I spent all of yesterday afternoon in the pediatrician's office/lab while the boy underwent several u-g-l-y procedures to rule out serious infection (we're in the clear), and to try to determine the cause of this mysterious eight day fever. To top of the week o' medicine, the dog now needs (ANOTHER) trip to the vet tomorrow because of a possible eye infection. I'm sending Brad. (By the way, have I mentioned that the dog is currently undergoing a nine month long process of daily-then-weekly-then-monthly allergy shots to manage his issues with food and environmental allergies? And he is also on a steroid to control his itching?Which doesn't appear to be working since he's scratched his eye area so badly that it may be infected? Yep.)

In addition, those closest to us are aware that there is Other Stuff going on that we cannot yet share with The Internet (andNOI'mnotpregnantbutI'mneverwearingthisshirtagain). But that Other Stuff has taken up a great deal of our time belonging to "This Week."

So.

I'm not telling you this because I'm complaining. On the contrary. I'm happy to take care of the needs of our son; I'm thrilled that there is nothing serious going on. Although, I've gone through an entire bottle of Infant Motrin and 1/2 a bottle of Children's Tylenol, and I'm not too excited that he's had that pumping through his tiny (and evidently difficult to find!) veins. I'm thankful to have the time to visit my hospitalized friend, to offer a tiny shred of comfort and/or humor. I'm..."happy" that we have the...financial means (ah! there's a PC way to put it!) to get to the root of my very high-maintenance dog's health issues. And I will be VERY HAPPY when we have taken care of the Other Stuff, once and for all.

But. I'm also delighted to be headed on vacation. I'm eternally grateful to The Munch's Mimi for hosting him (and the high-maintenance dog) for a week. And I won't be posting, so I'll see ya'll when we get back.

XOXO
Hannah

P.S. Ooh! And! My Google Analytics report tells me that my readership is up 37% in the last four weeks! What? Which of you is responsible for gettin' out the word? Hey, if you have a blog, feel free to post a comment and leave your link, as some readers don't know that your comment username is also a hyperlink to your blog. IF you want more readers, that is. And who doesn't want more readers?

No comments: