Friday, November 13, 2009

The Strongest Woman Who Ever Lived



Kristin Marie Spangler
June 29, 1970-November 12, 2009

It breaks my heart to write this post. My dear friend, Kris, is no longer fighting the battle against breast cancer. Yesterday in the hospital, surrounded by her team of friends/round-the-clock caregivers and her parents, she passed away. She was a fighter to the very end, unwilling to admit death was imminent, always looking for the "next" treatment option. She was an actor, singer, director, Euchre champ, theatre goer, Alexander Technique therapist and teacher, acting teacher, Net Flix watcher, plant cultivator, ruthless board game competitor, sister, daughter...and friend.

I will miss you, KSpang. You are the strongest woman who ever lived.

11 comments:

martha said...

breast cancer is an abominable thief!

but what a beautiful woman...great hat!!!!

Kage said...

Beautiful photo, beautiful post. So sorry for your loss.

Colleen said...

I am so, so sorry, Hannah :( What a horrible thing. I agree...beautiful photo and post.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Hannah.
Marah

sjh said...

The wonderful thing about friends is that they take up residence in our hearts, and will live there always. Chris was an extraordinary woman with some extremely lovely and dedicated friends.

We trust that God will send His Spirit to comfort you, Brad, Alexis, and the others, as you grieve this loss.

I'm certain Chris would be saying, with tears in her eyes, "Thank you ladies, for your love, for your humble willing care of me, and for your eternal friendship."

May she rest in peace.
Much love,
Mama

HHRose said...

Thanks, everyone. It's been a tough week...Your support is much appreciated.

ahope said...

You are a true friend and I'm sure having someone like you by her side made each day brighter. Keep remembering the good. You always will. My heart hugs you.

The Gelbers said...

Dear Hannah and Brad,
We are so very sorry for you loss!
You are such wonderful friends to so many....
Hugs,
Amy, Phil and girls

Jess said...

I hate cancer. What a stupid waste of talent. I think it should only attack mean, worthless people. That's just rotten. I'm glad I got to meet her.

Denise said...

Hi Hannah,

I don't know you but I knew Kristin years ago when she was at Boston University...I wish we hadn't lost touch. I'm glad to have come across this blog post. Thanks for writing it.

HHRose said...

Denise,
I'm glad you found it, too. We miss her each and every day.