Wednesday, November 18, 2009

This is Just Ridiculous

Here is a short list of Today's Things That are Ridiculous:

1. Trying to write a new post that is in any way appropriate to follow my last post.

2. The size of the piece of Portillo's chocolate cake I consumed last night--after driving 15 minutes out of my way to get it in the first place. (Stress eating much?)

3. The amount of time it's going to take me to record performance tracks for the show I'm music directing. Especially when you divide that time by the amount of extra money I'm getting to do it...Then again, time is suddenly not in short supply. You'll find out why in a minute.

4. The fact that I haven't really told you what's going on with the Other Stuff. Here goes. First of all, I'm not sure how thrilled my husband will be that I'm sharing this with The Internets, but since at least 50% of my blog readers already know, it seems silly not to write about it. And with all the build up, it won't seem like a big deal anymore, anyway.

We got a contract on our city town house a few months (yes MONTHS) ago. Remember? We've been trying to sell for two years? Riiiight. Well, the process has been tediously, painfully, and--naturally--ridiculously slow, as our buyers have some complications. We found a house in a suburban town that we love, but we have no plans to close on that house before officially unloading the town house. We've been on pins and needles for two weeks (or three months, depending on your perspective), thinking we were moving on Saturday. But we're not, as it turns out. So the 80% of the house that is packed and ready to go will remain mostly packed and ready to go for at least another two weeks. But I'm not getting my hopes up that two weeks is feasible.

But at least now it's out in the open and we can all commiserate together, right?

3 comments:

sjh said...

I'm going over there tomorrow to commiserate, commiserate, commiserate. Box heaven, here I come.

Maureen said...

Oh my gosh- I totally get it. So frustrating! My condo is for sale and not one (not ONE!) single person has even wanted to see it! Granted it hasn't been two years yet, but we can't wait two years! It's a tiny little box. Housing market.... GRRRRR!!! I hope your situation works out soon- it will be so worth the wait (well it would have been worth not waiting for too I guess). Good luck!

Kage said...

I know you guys have been wanting this...I'm so sorry it's not going as planned.

my word verification describes the situation perfectly I think:

fookedg!