Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1: Decision Day

"Dear {Human Resources Personnel},

"After a thoughtful and arduous decision making process, I have decided to resign my position as General Music Teacher for District %&. It is with a heavy heart that I leave this family of educators who were instrumental in shaping my formative teaching years. I will remain eternally grateful for the support and tutelage given to me by District %& administrators and staff, and the {town} area will remain near and dear to my heart.

"I thank you personally, {HR Personnel}, for handling this matter thoroughly from the beginning of my parental leave.

"Sincerely yours,
HHR"

5 comments:

sjh said...

That makes me cry. Just a little.
Bless you, dear HRH, as you journey forward into this next chapter of your life. May the Lord direct your every step. Love that boy. He will be your greatest teaching assignment ever.

Much love,
Your first teacher
SJH

Jess said...

Wow. Lucky (fill in your son's name here)! You're an awesome teacher and an awesome mom, so it's a win-win kind of a thing.
Now...could you do a Snoopy reunion show in a few weeks when my daughter and I can attend? She would have LOVED it!

Colleen said...

Although I knew this was going to be your choice, we have and are going to miss you SO MUCH in the music department. You're where you need to be, though. With your adorable little man! :D

You're an awesome, AWESOME mom!

auntie m said...

you have such a wonderful way w/ words, i imagine your way w/ music is equally as wonderful. too bad for the school kids but YAY for your kid!! lucky munchkin.

Kage said...

ooh, that hurts a bit, but you will never lose those skills and will one day teach again if that's what YOU want. Lucky kids those were...(are)