Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Another [Closing], Another Show"

(L-R: Charlie Brown, Sally, Snoopy, Lucy, Woodstock, (Munchkin), Linus, Peppermint Patty)


Oh, but I will miss this show. I will miss these wonderful, hard-working, professional, dedicated, talented, hilarious, instinctual cast members. No offense to previous casts, but I've never music directed a group before that was as prepared as this one. And, um, I've certainly never MDed a cast that sounded as good as this collective group.

TYA shows are my favorites, I've determined. Rarely in other live theatre do you hear gems from the audience like, "But Dad, I can't be quiet!" or during a song entitled, Where Did That Little Dog Go (sung rhetorically by Charlie Brown, about his dog growing up too fast), "Where did Snoopy go? Is he lost?" The world of theatre through the eyes of a child is a special, special thing.

Farewell, fellow Snoopers. See you in the next show--wherever that may be.

3 comments:

JenLCB said...

I agree..... The cast sounded AMAZING. The blend was gorgeous, like buttah. And despite the lyric, I WANTED to hear more a capella!! :)

And yes, the youth shows are the best, best, best.

HHRose said...

New reader?! Xs and Os, Jen.

sjh said...

Darn. Hated missing this one. Next time, add the Munch to the cast. He fits in well.