Friday, August 27, 2010

"My Trip to Mimi and Papa's House:" Excerpts

(Edited for content.)

"Dear Mommy and Daddy,

"We were very busy all the time. Tuesday we went to the Berrien County Youth Fair. I touched all kinds of animals, and loved running all around, riding on Papa's shoulders and watching the horse show. We saw clowns and motorcycles at the circus. I kept asking Mimi to take me back to the circus every day. She said, maybe next year. Mimi asked me if I wanted to go home to Mommy's house. I said no. Stay at Mimi's house.

"On Wednesday we played with cars and trains and built a racetrack. I played baseball with Papa and swam in the little swimming pool and played in the sandbox. But I wouldn't sit in the sandbox. Yucky. At night, we went to the ice cream social at the park and did swinging and climbing and laughing. I still want to stay at Mimi's house. But I cried a little bit for Mommy at bedtime.

"On Thursday we had a dancing party in the living room. Auntie Naomi and Mimi took me to the Rock (Rec) Center. I did lots of swimming and went underwater. We had mac and cheese for dinner. Yummy. I still don't want to go to Mommy and Daddy's house yet. But I miss them.

"On Friday I played with Mommy's old [awesome, discontinued, Fisher Price] castle for a long time. I love to make the little people fall down the tunnel and climb the stairs and ride around in their little cars. We took a long walk and played more baseball and ran through the sprinkler and watered Mim's flowers--and Mimi. We played hide and seek and Mimi made me a picture book from the fair day.

"At lunchtime, Mimi asked me if I wanted to go to Mommy's house tomorrow. I said, Ok. On Friday night, Papa and I went to Toys R Us. I picked out a pack-pack [backpack] and some new cars and an Elmo lunchbox for my birthday presents. I think I'm like Mimi: I like containers.

"I can't wait to see Mommy and Daddy and Avery. I will miss Auntie Omi and Mimi and Papa. Thanks for letting me go.

"Love,
The Boy"


I'm going out on a limb to guess that Mimi and Papa and Omi probably took a nice, long NAP the next day. :o)

1 comment:

sjh said...

I did take a nap. Papa and Omi did not.
I'm wondering how many years you can keep this blog record. It would be a shame to lose it all. Maybe you should make a paper track j.i.c.

He was a delight. And f.y.i. I did attend the T.R.Us trip. Just so history is accurate.