Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Re-Married


I haven't worn my wedding rings in six months.
One of the sad side-effects of my pregnancy was that my knuckles swelled (well, a lot of things swelled, but the knuckles are the only parts relevant to this post). So I finally bit the bullet and had them re-sized.

They say a woman will look at her engagement ring more than one million times in her life. Well, I'll tell ya, I probably logged a couple hundred on the day I picked them up from the jeweler, and I felt like I had just gotten married again. I promptly called my husband and thanked him for picking out such a gorgeous setting. Funny how such a material thing can lift one's mood!

In honor of that mood, here's a little anecdote:
It was pouring rain on the day in March when B and I closed on our house. We were completely unprepared for just how long the process would take, but had taken the entire day off work. After we signed our last signature we immediately drove to our new neighborhood. We were starving, so we picked up a pizza from Papa Romeo's, took it to our sparkling new house, and ate it on the dining room floor.

Three and a half years later, we are blessed with a great dog, a beautiful baby...and we no longer eat on the floor--much.


(Now, how to "re-size" my shoes...)


2 comments:

sjh said...

What a beautiful photo of your rings. You are blessed...and always manage to make me chuckle. Today it was the comment about the swellings. Glad you have your rings back.

Anonymous said...

the shoes will never fit again....and if there are more babies, bigger feet come with!