Thursday, June 4, 2009

9 Months


17 lbs 2 oz
27 3/4 in
17 3/4 in (HC)

Dear Not-So-Little-Munchkin,

Oh my...this week it feels as though you're trying to prove to me that you deserve to be nine months old! You are full of new "tricks," new sounds, new expressions, new moves. It's been a busy month, to be sure. Some highlights:


- Laughing at Oliver as he walked by, for no other reason than he must have been "saying" something funny to you.

- Figuring out the gumball machine

- "Swimming" like crazy (in frustration) when you can't crawl to reach something

- Figuring out how to fall onto your tummy, rather than backward and hitting your head

- Shaking your head like you're saying "no no no" (a skill you must have picked up from your cousin, Payton)--the first motion you intentionally mimic

- Finally figuring out how to play with the "book" on your Jumperoo.

- Ignoring the piano keys and trying to whack the top of the xylo/piano with your hand instead

-(Almost) mastering finger food!

- Moving across the floor with the sheer will of your upper body combined with the slippery hardwood floors

- Waving. (Hello? Goodbye? Who really knows.)

- Leaning around the corner of the coffee table to find Oliver

- Not crying when I drop you off at the Y's daycare

- Still trying to drink out of any toy that has a lip (must keep working on the sippy cup--it's not a chew toy!)

- Recognizing your dad's face on the computer, via Skype

- Being so quiet and attentive during music class...until "Quiet Time," that is, when you find your voice

- Watching Miss Mary's EVERY. MOVE. AND. BREATH.

- Finding a way for you and I to still have some cuddle time before bed: I sing a song and interject the word, "BOO," every phrase or so...it sends you into a fit of giggles. As does my blowfish face.

- TEETH!!!

I love you!
Mom


P.S. to Readers: Video of the new tricks to come as soon as my tired brain (I swear I just typed "tried brian" the first time) will let me edit...



2 comments:

sjh said...

Two more days and I'll be squeezing (and smelling) the Roses.
Can't wait.
mimi

GAM said...

he is absolutely adorable....a great combination of his mom and dad! wish i was getting some of those squeezes!