Saturday, July 4, 2009

10 Months


Dear Munchkin,

You've officially reached the point in your life when you've been "out" longer than you were "in." So difficult for me to believe....and handle.

You are my little engineer/scientist, always trying to figure things out--usually with much success, to my chagrin. :o) Here are some of my very favorite things from the last four weeks:

- Playing peek-a-boo with the blanket in the stroller, and with your Pooh Bear blanket in your crib.

- Handing me all the toys from the shape sorter box, one by one.

- Trying to feed Oliver your snacks.

- Eating from Mimi's ice cream sundae at the Botanic Gardens.

- Swimming on your tummy in the tub.

-Getting "on the graph" in the weight department!

- Mimicking "Uh Oh."

- Diligently trying to figure out how to manipulate the snack trapper. My little engineer.

- Rejecting your sippy cup in favor of my glass of water (yes, glass).

- Pointing at EVERYTHING. (Almost) saying "that?"

- Waving "Bye Bye" to EVERYTHING and EVERYONE.

- Turning the pages of your books.

- Sticking your finger in the holes of the Very Hungry Caterpillar book.

- "Army Crawling" efficiently enough that we (finally) have to put up the baby gates.

- The look on your face when you sample new foods.

- Scarfing down turkey cold cuts like you haven't eaten in a month.

- Discovering that you and I have the exact same tickle spot on our backs. One barely has to breathe on it and it sends us into fits of giggles.

- Crawling again: As I said to your dad this morning, it's the ends...not the means. So whether it's clinical crawling or not, I don't care. It's enough that my life has UTTERLY CHANGED in the last four days you've been doing it.

- SAYING "Bye bye!" I swear!

- Pulling yourself up for the first time...in the bathtub.

- Wanting to be so fiercely independent. I think you'll be dressing yourself in no time :o)

(Photo Credit: Erielle Bakkum. More to follow, soon!!!)

4 comments:

sjh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Colleen said...

Ooohhhhhmigosh! Cutest pic ever! And seriously, look at all he has done in a month! Incredible!

HHRose said...

Feel free to repost, SJH. (Name dropped.)

Kage said...

I can't BELIEVE it's been 10 months. Time is flying for every baby that I watch via WWW....kind of makes my lack of baby seem less sad...b/c I know they aren't babies long at ALL.