Sunday, September 12, 2010

C25K Update: Week 1

(Changed my mind. I decided I want a record of these runs, so that means you get to read a weekly update now--lucky you. I also have a couple of virtual running buddies that double as blog readers, and they actually requested more detail. Go figure.)

Week 1:
5 minute walking warmup followed by 8 intervals of 60 second run followed by 90 seconds of walking.


Run 1: Piece of cake! And hopefully burned enough calories to cancel out the piece of birthday cake I had over the weekend.

Run 2: Definitely more difficult today, mostly because of the early in the morning factor. Also because of the soreness factor in my shinny-shin-shins.

Run 3: In a word..."side cramp!" Still not enjoying this, per se, but I realized I just needed a change in mindset. Instead of trying to get to the point where I'm "HAVING FUN!!! WHILE RUNNING!!!", I just need to view this as part of my job, no different from meal planning and cooking and diaper changing.

No comments: