Tuesday, September 21, 2010

C25K Update: Week 3

Week 3: 5 min walking warmup; 90 sec run/90 sec walk, 3 min run, 2 min walk; repeat interval; 5 min cooldown. This workout is a little shorter than the others.

Run 1: Well, the three minute running part wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It seems like a huge jump from 90 seconds to 3 minutes, which is the longest running stint so far.

Run 2: First treadmill run. Harder to set my pace, but highly entertained by whatever TV program I was watching.

Run 3: I thought this was supposed to get easier! The beginning of today's run was really tough, though today was the first day I've run outside when it was quite brisk (52 degrees), and I think that contributed to my labored breathing. The second half of the run (after dumping the dog back at home) was much more pleasant.

Did I mention I use to run a 6:30 mile?

In middle school.

But still.


(Looking forward to more autumn runs outside!)

No comments: