Monday, September 20, 2010

Structure and "School"



I HEART FALL. But you know that already.

This year I love NEW things, though. I enjoy the summer, but I will never love it in the maniacal can't-wait-to-get-outside-and-look-at-the-leaves way that I love fall. I especially appreciate the structure that the fall brings. Partly from musical rehearsals, partly from our classes kicking back into gear, partly from the shopping for new clothes which always seems more enjoyable in the fall.

I love the light in my backyard, and how I can't still really tell if it's "partly sun, "mostly shade," or whatever. I can't wait to see what my new landscaping looks like as the weather changes. (And, believe it or not, I'm actually looking forward to gazing at my new evergreens topped with snow. For a minute.)

I love that (this year) I have Lawn Guys that magically blow the leaves away.

I love the first night it's cool enough to lounge around in sweatpants and hoodie.

And I love all the usual things, too....caramel apples, pumpkins and seeds, picking apples (must find a new place!), apple cider, baking cookies after a summer of "too hot to turn on the oven," sweatshirts, boots, fall jackets, football--wait.

So, The Boy started "school" last week. (SO NOT ANYTHING LIKE SCHOOL AT ALL, but he felt really cool when I said it. Now that we know he has an actual locker with his name on in (!), we will be packing his pack-pack full of...who knows. Snack? Cup? Star Wars guys?) This class we're taking together is basically an expensive playgroup comprised of four other boys his age and their NANNIES. Nannies?! The whole purpose of taking a Mom/Tot class (for me) is to meet other moms! Gah. So that is a bummer. But he thinks it's incredible fun and actually played WITH another boy during today's "class."

We also recently returned to The Land of Miss Mary. Hurrah! We seem to have a nice blend of girls and boys (mostly girls), some of whom were in our class last spring. And we have ALL parents (even a dad!), and NO nannies. Of course, it doesn't do ME any good because it's in the city, but at least they're nice people. And one of the women looks just like Jennifer Westfeldt.

Isn't the light pretty in the fall?



(1st Day of Pre Pre Preschool)

2 comments:

sjh said...

I love fall also. Don't forget to take some new pictures of your garden. It will be fun to see it progress.
Planting was such fun.

mama

Anonymous said...

This makes me wish we had a such thing down here in Florida. :(

Marah