Tuesday, September 7, 2010

C25K

If you've ever met me, you probably know that I do not work out on a regular basis. Never have. My most frequent form of exercise over the last seven years or so has been musical theatre...which works out great IF I'm doing a show and IF that show has a lot of dance. When I'm not in a show, I bike if the weather permits, and I walk the dog--neither will shrink the midsection.

So. Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's off the couch I go.

The "Couch to 5K" program has been around a while, and it's designed for people (sort of) like me: non runners who need a very structured and well-paced program for motivational purposes. The only difference between me and them is that I'm not actually planning to run an organized 5K--unless the spirit moves me to join one of the overcrowded races that take place in the city (traffic) during the late fall/early winter (brrr). Instead, I'll be using a podcast to guide my speed and intervals, and probably alternating between sidewalk and treadmill.

Why am I telling you this? Aha...as previously mentioned, peer pressure works wonders. If I tell you about it, I'm more likely to stay accountable to my workouts, which will require me to GET OUT OF BED BEFORE I'M REQUIRED TO BE A FUNCTIONING HUMAN two days a week--on purpose. And once on the weekends.

But since reading about other people's workouts is boring, this is probably the only post you'll see. Instead, I've got a little something at the top right of the sidebar, for the two followers I have that read the actual blog instead of in google reader. :o)

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

sjh said...

luck. and love.

Anonymous said...

Not boring at all to me. Good luck! Keep me posted.

Marah