Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008: Report Card



I've been married and a home owner for 3.5 years, and this was my first major holiday as a hostess. Here's how it went down:

Turkey: A. Very moist, thanks to the brining process, which is definitely the way to go.
Gravy: D. Too thick, too greasy, too rich. But I know how to fix it for next time...I think.
Mashed Potatoes: B. Forgot the scallions, which I really like. But I get bonus points for them actually being warm when served.
Salad: B. I did a spinach salad with strawberries, grape tomatoes, and avocado. Completely forgot the slivered almonds and feta.
Other dishes: A+. Made by Grandma Esther. They were all hot and tasty! (Thank you.)

So, for my first Thanksgiving, I'd say it wasn't bad at all. In fact, it was pretty good. More important than the food, however, was the company. Bradley, Munchkin and I were joined by Bradley's 2nd and 3rd cousins, his mom and Rick. We had lovely conversation and explored our Wii, which B got for his birthday (early). Fun!

Here are a few pics:
Me and My Turkey



Little Lumberjack



Our Mascot (no, I didn't make it)


More pics here. Don't forget to check the gallery for pics you may not have seen.

3 comments:

Scott Rose said...

Great report card and wonderful photos (ALL of the photos)) Thanks for sharing!! I was especially excited to see that I made it into the photo gallery, all the way from Los Angeles! :-)

sjh said...

That's my girl- totally an achiever. I'm so proud of all your efforts to provide a lovely day for your guests. Everything looked and sounded lovely, and the photos are smile-worthy. You can come do my Thanksgiving anytime.
Much love from the homefront.

Anonymous said...

As a first hand critic and observer of the event - Food "A"; Fun "A"; Family "A+"...you people really rate!!! Thanks for the fabulous time