Tuesday, August 4, 2009

...for the next ten minutes...

I'm having a "Ten Minute Morning."You know, one of those mornings that starts out in a hideous fashion, so you allow yourself "ten minutes" of the thing you NEED immediately. Maybe it's a ten minute coffee break, or ten minutes of watching the news, or ten minutes on Facebook (ahem), or a ten minute walk. Today's ten minutes were spent with electricboogaloo, who makes me giggle and--I swear--also makes me a better writer (no judgement from the peanut gallery, please).

Now, my ten minutes are up. I need to face the world by finishing today's cleaning list, wade through the new list of possible properties, care for the child, deal with the dog, etc. Then again, I'm also waiting for the window-repair guys to call me and tell me they're on their way here, and I can't afford to possibly miss that call because I'm--say--in the shower. I guess my only course of action is...ten minutes more.


What do you do with your ten minutes?

No comments: