Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Do I Have To?" (aka: Teaser)



Actual transcript of today's conversation with my (almost) 14-month old:


"Mommy, do I have to be a lion for Halloween?"

"Yes, dear, you do."

"But why, Mommy?"

"Because I found your costume on sale at Old Navy...and I thought it was cute."

"But it's really hot and the velcro itches my face."

"Well, I guess you'll just have to suck it up, won't you."

"But WHY, Mommy?"

"Because adults really like Halloween, sweetie."

"But WHY, MOMMY?"

"Because it gives them the opportunity to dress their kids up like fools and take lots of pictures."

"Oh. Mommy? Does that mean that every day is Halloween?"

"Be quiet and eat your peas."

3 comments:

Kage said...

LOVE!

sjh said...

You are hilarious. I do notice that the lion whiskers on right cheek are just a hair straighter than on the left, minutely suggesting a 'hair' of resistance?! Not to mention the "I'm not quite smiling" look of truth.

Hey we all did it. One lesson to be learned. Pick a lightweight costume next time. It gets even more heated inside when they can run down the street.

Funny girl. Keep writing.

sjh said...

...and I think he's really saying, " I just wanted to wear my baseball hat, Mom."