Friday, October 30, 2009

STALKER!

Seriously, if you have a blog and you don't use Google Analytics, drop everything and...um...Google it.

Here's the cool stuff I learned today: I can actually tell which states AND WHICH CITIES in those states have read this blog. And for how long. And how many posts. So if I want to see which of my long distance friends across the globe are LYING about having read (I'm looking at you, Colorado!), I can. Cool, huh?

Illinois is in first place (Chicago, Glenview and Glen Ellyn are top readers); followed by Michigan (Livonia and "Washtenaw County") and Arizona (mostly Scottsdale, though a surprising number in Tempe, too). And Florida is only beating out Georgia by one visit!

I only mention this because those of you who live in those places might find it interesting. Or not. I don't really care, because I think it's the coolest thing I've learned all month. Which basically means that I need to go back to school.

But hey, what I really want to know is, who is reading in Wisconsin, Texas, and New Hampshire? Because I can't think of who it would be, and I'm kind of a sucker for anonymous readers--that is, people who read that aren't related to me by blood or friendship.

SQUEE! Our readership is growing! (I'm such a Nerd. Ooh! Foreshadowing....[rubs hands together with anticipation of new post])

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Whawhawhawhat??? A growing garden??? Are congrats in order??? :D

HHRose said...

OMG, Colleen, NO!!! I meant, my readership is growing! I'm totally editing that right now.

Colleen said...

Hahahaha! :) I read too much into things...LOL

sjh said...

My best friend from high school, Karen, is your Texas follower. She 'loves' your blog and loves sharing our life that way. Said so just last week.

Anonymous said...

Scottsdale should have a lot of time recorded. I like to read your posts real sloooow, I enjoy them so much.
Love....your Dada