Friday, October 2, 2009

Words that End with "K"

That's the name of the game, today. The little man gets a little obsessive about certain things, and today's thing is the K sound.

Milk
Truck
Walk
Talk
Duck
Quack
Dack? (Not a word, but it's what he said today instead of his usual, "Dat?")

He opened a book about farms, turned to the page with a photo of the dairy truck, pointed to it and CLEAR AS DAY said, "Truck?" This was after we watched the garbage truck munch a mattress and box springs in its muncher. Way cool. "Truck?"

While we're playing the Tricks My Kid Can Do game, I should also mention that he says, "Choo choo!" every time he sees OR JUST HEARS a train. He can also identify lots of different types of trains (Thomas the Tank, his wooden train, his plastic ride-on train, the Metra train) as trains, which seems impressive to me--transfer of learning, and all that. He will now hold out his arms in anticipation of catching a ball (thank you, Mimi); he is an adept Climber of Stairs; he can tell you what the elephant, monkey, Oliver and train "say;" he can point to his ear, nose and toes. We're planning to send him to college next week.

Week. Add that to the list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Slow down 'S'...you're going to give Payton a complex!

-Marah

sjh said...

Now we all know you can't compare the first and last children. Those first kids are such over-achievers. It's necessary in their very mainly adult world.

Go, little boy. Reminds me of my boy and his train fascination. In fact, I have a few new trains stuffed in a closet, that I put away for my first grandchild. Now, how did I know that would be a boy?

Let's see...back, clack, crack, sack.