Sunday, January 4, 2009

4 Months


And just like that, my little tiny newborn turned into a wide-eyed baby. Sigh.
Weight: 11 lbs 8.2 oz (10th percentile--yikes!)
Height: 24 1/2 in (between 25-50th percentile)

Dear Munchkin,

Sometimes your mommy feels guilty because she's literally the only mother she knows that is actually saddened by her son growing up. In fact she feels a little crazy because she actually wants to squeeze you really hard until you shrink back to your 8lb, 3oz, 20in size. On the other hand, you're such a joy and delight, and I love love love spending my days with you...even when your naps are short and your nights are wakeful. (Look out, though, because I hear that at four months you're neurologically able to soothe yourself to sleep.)

"A few of my favorite things..."
- your smile when you see me after waking
- how you laugh at your dad singing the Tigger song
- spitting out your paci in favor of your fingers
- looking like "The Dictator" in your new Bumbo chair
- your peaked interest in EVERYTHING while nursing...so distractible!
- almost rolling over--while trying to catch a glimpse of the TV (my nemesis)
- your sudden fascination with my food, as though you'd grab it when I wasn't looking
- your occasional awareness of Oliver
- differentiating between your parents and "strangers"
- rubbing your feet together (and your socks off) with excitement
- discovering that you can splash the water during bath time
- being a brave boy on your first day of "crying it out," and still loving me at the end of it

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not the only mommy amazed and appalled at how quickly these boys are growing up...of course, your mistake is dressing him in grown up boy clothes! Four months going on fourteen. We are in big trouble, mama. >;)