Sunday, January 4, 2009

A New Year, A New Look


Ever have a moment like this at your hairdresser?

Me: So, I was thinking about experimenting with some bangs.
Her: You mean, like this? (SNIP)
Me: Um...I was thinking more like, well, I guess, uh....nevermind.

Thus goes the story of me with bangs, something I have not experienced since I was about six. Two days into having them, I remember why I hate them: I can't STAND hair on my face, they get curly in the rain, they get greasy really fast, they reduce my ability to be facially expressive. BUT. It's a New Year, and at least my new haircut gives me some options. And I wasn't trying to copy my sister, but I guess that's kinda how it turned out.

By the way, I'm not posting these pictures to pander for compliments/criticisms. I just want to avoid frightening you the next time I see you.


Evidently, we now call it "fringe"


Or, sideswept


8 comments:

sjh said...

Pandering aside, I love the bangs. They are a pleasant change.

And for the record, I was the first in our family to re-bang.

I know what you mean, tho, I spend alot of time trying to move them off my face. This too, shall pass. For now, it's a great look for you. Now we have two Aunt Marthas.

Amanda said...

Love them! Very nice on you!

HHRose said...

Thanks, both of you!

The Gelbers said...

I think your bangs look darling....but this is coming from someone who has had bangs for what seems like forever (sidesweep to be specific :))
I love your new look!

Anonymous said...

i was thinking how much of a millard they make you look....not exactly my twin, but close!

Anonymous said...

HEY!! I was the first thank you very much! I got mine in June so really that link for my sister should be me and abbigators. Ohhh but you look like a mama sita if thats how you spell. i mean hot mama. Enjoy them while they last! love ur lil eyerollin sis ;)

Anonymous said...

Well, as I am now a cosmetology student...I have to say that your bangs (fringe, whatever) are very "in" right now, and look great on you! You have what is considered the "perfect" face shape, so you can do whatever you want with your hair and it will look flattering...lucky!

Jess

Anonymous said...

I love them...still. Into the sideswept more these days, but its always nice to have options.

And yes NJH, thank you for paving the way for us elder sisters to be fashionable and cool(ish).