Friday, January 30, 2009

Finding Nemo: An Intro to Musical Theatre


Obviously, Brad and I are very passionate about the theatre.

We consider ourselves blessed that we have seen a whole ton of theatre (mostly musicals), both before and after the birth of our son. So you can imagine how thrilled we are that we had the opportunity to take Munchkin to his first theatrical experience while we were at Disney World! The best part about it was that the majority of the audience, of course, were children, so noises and crying were just part of the ambience.

Silly me, I thought he might use this opportunity to take a nap, but I should have known that OUR SON wouldn't think of sleeping through such an exciting show. When the giant (and I mean G-I-A-N-T) turtle appeared on the stage, he waved his arms furiously and yelped with glee. He put on quite a show for the grandparents sitting next to us. I wasn't sure what to watch: Munchkin or the stage! His second favorite moment came during the curtain call/finale, when they turned on the bubble machines over the audience and showered us.

Click this link for a clip of Munchkin's favorite part.

Next stop: Cub's game. :o)

No comments: