Saturday, April 4, 2009

7 Months



13 lbs 9.4 oz
Dear Munchkin/Muncher/The Munch:

Today you are seven months old. That officially puts me closer to having a toddler than I am to having a newborn, which is a KUH-RAZY thought. 

These last four weeks have been a whirlwind of accomplishment and growth for you. Here are some highlights of our time together:

- You can roll: forwards, backwards, across the living room, on top of your toys (doesn't seem to bother you), in your crib, on my lap, in the bathtub (whoops).

- You can sit, though you protest it at all costs. The current sitting up record holds at two minutes, as of Thursday afternoon. Mostly, you go stiff as a board when we try to put you in a sitting position. You just REALLY like to stand--not that you can do that unassisted. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

- I love that your primary way to communicate, "I'm sleepy," is to touch my face.

- We survived your first fever, first stomach virus...and second (sigh) public puke.

- You finally (FINALLY) sleep through the night. Like, ALL THE WAY THROUGH. This is all I will say on the subject, for fear you might hear me and become rebellious at seven months of age.

- We, sob, have officially begun the (very sloooow) weaning process. Frankly, I never thought I'd be sentimental about it, but it turns out I am. It probably doesn't help that you HATE your formula. You'll take it (eventually), but the look of sheer disgust on your face is almost--but not quite--enough for me to give in.

All my love,
Mom

1 comment:

naomi. said...

:o) is definately your trademark !

i love you and can't wait to hopefully see you and everyone soon!

nay